- Current Version
- Archived Versions
This is a famed utility that allows quick and effective to clean out junk files from the hard drive and get more space on the computer. It finds temporary files stored on the disk after working of different applications and remove them. (read more)
|Type||File Type||Filename||File Size||Bits||Downloads||Action|
- Clean passwords on Firefox version 32+.
- Clean Google Chrome cookies for non-default profiles.
- Clean more autofill on Google Chrome (reported by pcdoctor01). If you are logged in to Google Chrome, it may automatically restore some of these values from your online Google account unless you disable the option Show addresses and credit cards from Google Payments in the autofill page of Google Chrome settings.
- Add size column to side tree control (thanks to Ivor Hewitt).
- BleachBit 1.9.3 on Windows 10 showing Firefox preview
- Add an option to show file sizes as IEC units (1 KiB = 1024 bytes) instead of SI units (1 kB = 1000 bytes; thanks to Tristan Stenner).
- BleachBit 1.9.3 on Windows 10 showing the Preferences dialog.
- Speed up identification of files using regular expressions by 5% to 50%
- Allow relative paths with --shred command line argument (reported by Eva Putnam).
- Add descriptions for cleaners (thanks to theatre-x).
- Fix resizing of preference dialog (thanks to Anton Bobov).
- Warn when deleting passwords on Firefox (reported by Theatre-X).
- Accept abbreviations T and F in bleachbit.ini configuration (reported by Ken Wallace).
- Show a user-friendly error message when checking for updates fails because of a network error (reported by Gary).
- Improve logging of errors. Some errors are more informative, and on Windows, errors are unlikely to cause a popup message about bleachbit.exe.log.
- The primary download mirror now secures connections using HTTPS. (This is in addition to the digital signatures on Windows executables and PGP-signed hashes.)
- Specific to Linux
- Clean more localizations (thanks to Tristan Stenner).
- Add localization codes (thanks to Tristan Stenner).
- Add .rpm installation package for Fedora 22.
- Fix memory cleaning on Ubuntu 15.10 and other distributions (reported by Richard Pearse).
- Fix harmless error that localizations.xml is unusable (thanks to Tristan Stenner).
- Do not show localizations at the base level (reported by BBUser).
- Do not show Windows Explorer cleaner on Linux (reported by TomÃ¡s F. L.).
- Fulfill Fedora license file location change.
- Do not delete xauth under KDE (reported by mike).
- Remove deprecated key encoding in bleachbit.desktop.
- Drop support for Mandriva, which is dead.
- Do not show cleaner is unusable message in the console (except when debug mode is enabled or in non-final releases).
- Specific to Windows
- Show the User Access Control on Windows 10. This helps elevate BleachBit to administrator privileges. (reported by Mike L.).
- Fix handling of Windows 10 in Winapp2.ini in DetectOS= .
- Avoid error pop-up message when exiting application after cleaning non-removable directory (reported by ineuw, goingoin, michael54854 ).
- Avoid pop-up error message when exiting application after exhaust rename.
- Fix cleaning of MRU for Adobe Reader versions 5-11 (reported by Arkwright).
- Update to NSIS installer to version 2.50.
- Fix error in same_partition(...) when Microsoft Office Starter 2010 is installed, which creates an inaccessible virtual drive Q: (reported by goingoin).
- Add a new shortcut BleachBit No UAC, which starts BleachBit without requesting administrator privileges using the User Access Control dialog.
- BleachBit 1.9.3 beta in the Windows 10 start menu.
- Remove an extra shortcut from the Start menu.
How to install BleachBit
- Download and launch the installation file, wait until the program will extract files to install.
- Select the destination folder and the language if the program allows to do it, then click "Next."
- Wait until the end of the process of installation of BleachBit.
How to uninstall BleachBit
- Click on the Start Button and select Control Panel at the right.
- Select an item "Uninstall a program" (Windows 7) or "Add or Remove Programs" (Windows XP).
- In the list of programs, find "BleachBit", select the program, and click Remove (Windows XP) next to the name of the program, or click Uninstall (Windows 7), located on the top panel.
A License Agreement (further the "Agreement") is an agreement concluded between a User (a legal entity or an individual entrepreneur) and the medocow.com website about BleachBit (the "Program").
INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THIS PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THIS PROGRAM.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE
1.1. The Medocow.com website isn't the author of the Program. It only provides an opportunity to download a digital copy. All rights reserved by developers of the program.
1.2. The right holder reserves all rights not explicitly granted to a User of this Agreement.
1.3. The Agreement doesn't grant a user any rights to trademarks and service marks.
1.4. An end-user is provided with non-exclusive rights to use the Program under the terms of this Agreement.
1.5. A User has a right to:
- Install and use a random number of copies of the Program for ones intended purpose.
- Use the documentation accompanying the Program for internal non-commercial purposes.
- Make copies of the Program as it is required by the procedures adopted archiving and backup.
1.6. A user has no right to:
- Open the technology or disassemble the Program.
- Sell, give the program in rent, lease, lend, or receive payment in any other way.
- Provide Program License.
- Distribute the Program as part of any other product or service.
- Make access to the programs' databases by means that are different from the components of the Program itself.
- It's prohibited to delete or change any copyright notices on all copies of the Program as well as accompanying materials.
1.7 Terms and conditions of the Program may be extended or restricted by its author using the agreement between the author and the end-user, posted on the official website of the Program.
2. TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT ACTION
Without a damage of anyone's rights medocow.com website may terminate the Agreement for non-compliance of its conditions and restrictions. Upon termination of the Agreement a Customer must destroy all copies of the Program.
3. THE COPYRIGHT
All exclusive legal rights, including copyrights on the Program belong to its developers and are protected by laws and international copyright treaties as well as other intellectual property rights.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The Program is designed and provided as programs for a particular purpose of a user. Users agree that no software is error free, and they are strongly advised to regularly back up their files.
The medocow.com website isn't responsible for the operation of this program and clearly disclaims any warranty with respect to the Program. The Program is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
5. THE LIABILITY LIMITATION
The Medocow.com website isn't responsible for any data loss and/or damage (including foregone commercial profit, interruption of commercial or industrial activity, any loss of any information (including business one), or other pecuniary loss) arising in connection with the use or inability to use the Program, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss and/or damage. The user assumes all risks associated with the use or operation of the quality of the program.