EaseUS Partition Master Free вЂ“ it's a program-manager of disc partitions, it actually is the successor of the program with almost the same name which isn't supported by Windows XP. As it is known, the management of the breakdown of the hard drive is possible also from the built-in utility, however, users prefer the traditional third-party software. This program differs, first of all, by its performance, variability of options, and by the fact that it's free.
Main capabilities of EaseUS Partition Master Free:
- Resize/Move partitions without data loss, like extending NTFS system partition without reboot to maximize PC performance;
- A full support of FAT and NTFS which is a mandatory standard for such programs today;
- Convert FAT to NTFS file system;
- A full support of the entire branch of EXT formats on which operating systems with the Linux core work, an ability to break down a section into a linux-like system directly from under Windows, without a use of third-party utilities;
- An ability to extend the NTFS volume without rebooting. In fact, in recent OS versions something similar is implemented, however, the speed of operation in EaseUS Partition Master Free is incomparably higher;
- The work with the latest versions of the UEFI. It facilitates the preparation of the hard disk for the migration to the new motherboard;
- Copy entire hard disk to another or migrate OS from HDD to SSD without Windows reinstallation;
- A conversion of MBR into GPT and vice-versa without losing data. Function is especially true when working with large (more than 2 TB) hard drives;
- An accelerated defragmentation, and overall monitoring of the physical "health" of the disc;
- The overall volume of a supported hard drive - 8 TB in the free version. It is the only significant limitation in comparison with the commercial one.
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8